There is nothing quite like a good cup of coffee, but with our modern day lives becoming busier and busier, we don’t always have time to go to a coffee shop and have our coffee made professionally. This means, more and more of us are making coffee at home.
Of course, you could look for an espresso machine review yourself, there is a lot of information out there on the internet but to make things easier for you, here is a Top 3 guide to some of the best performing coffee machines on the market. This should make your choice a little easier.
Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine
- Coffee/espresso machine with 72-ounce removable water reservoir
- Stainless-steel housing
- Brass porta filters and group head for temperature stability and longevity
- 17-1/2-bar pump with high-voltage boiler; hot-water dispenser; frothing wand
Why Number 1?
This is a classic, best-selling coffee machine. One of the reasons why it is so popular is because it is made with forged brass components. This means the machine can withstand heavy use and handles like a commercial coffee machine but is very economically priced. It is quite compact in size, it has a powerful 17 bar pump and comes in brushed stainless steel, so it would make an attractive addition to any kitchen.
Krups EA8250001 Espresseria
- Thermoblock system ensures consistently hot coffee from the first cup
- LCD display for easy recipe selection
- Steam nozzle for creamy cappuccino/latte drinks
- Large 1.8-liter/60-ounce removable water tank with empty water tank detection
- Bean hopper to prepare several delicious drinks in a row.
- Easy cleaning. Automatic auto clean/rinse cycle
- 15-bar high pressure pump
- 2-year worldwide warranty
In the Top 3 because…
It has some nifty touches. It has a Stainless Steel milk frothing bottle that comes with it, this means the froth is less likely to make a mess and from a safety point of view, the steam is directed into the bottle, which means it is less of a hazard, in terms of burning yourself. It has an auto clean/rinse cycle and only needs complete cleaning once every 360 cycles and has a modern and sleek black look. For those of us with busy lives, less cleaning is always a bonus. Also, very compact in size for an espresso machine, so it won’t take up much room on your countertop.
- 15 bar Italian pump
- Purge function that automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
- Triple prime pump releases 3 bursts of hot water to moisten the ground coffee resulting in greater build-up to extract the fullest flavor
- Thermoblock heating system
- 75 Fl.oz (2.2L) removable front-fill water tank
- Durable stainless-steel housing
Best Entry Level Machine
Not the most robust of the machines but you do get a lot for your money. This machine has as many features as some of the more expensive machines. It is easy to use, no complicated manuals or working out the grind for your coffee. Everything is standard. A quiet coffee machine, that is compact and nice to look at. A very good machine if you are a novice coffee maker and don’t want the hassle of having to work out scientific calculations before you make a cup of coffee.